Cross-platform application development tools (1-11)
There are many tools for developing mobile applications to create the product you need. Here is a list of our favorite tools with their key features. We reviewed tools in the following categories.
- Mobile analytic tools
- Cross-platform application development tools
- Application Development Frameworks
- IPhone Application Development Tools
- AR Tools (Augmented Reality)
- Artificial intelligence tools
- Promotional tools
- Mobile Payment Tools
- Push Notification Tools
- Game engines
- Mobile analytic tools
Smartlook is a high-quality analytical solution for iOS and Android applications. Find out how users interact with your application – watch posts, track events and create conversion funnels. Stop guessing and look at your visualized data collected in one place. This is your application through the eyes of its users.
- always included record of visitors actions shows the actions of the last user in your application;
- automatic event tracking allows you to find out how (and how often) your users perform certain actions;
- conversion funnels to help you see your metrics and find out why users are leaving;
2) App Watch
AppWatch is a cloud-based product for mobile analytics and security. It helps developers to protect their mobile apps from hacking. It gains the trust of users and ensures the security of the application.
- allows you to conduct a full scan of the mobile application, gives a separate library (SDK) for scanning;
- AppWatch generates custom reports with modifiable descriptions, logo, comments, etc. each of the identified security problems is again checked by various methods;
- Defines sensitive parameters entered in the code in the form of specific values, and helps to identify all possible vulnerabilities associated with them;
- AppWatch can scan applications using Webview and identify security issues.
Cross-platform application development tools
Xamarin is the preferred tool for developing mobile native applications. It uses layers of business logic and data access across platforms. It is widely used to create applications for iOS, Windows and Android.
- a mono framework that allows you to communicate with the API of mobile devices;
- Xamarin Component Store includes user interface controls, cross-platform libraries and third-party libraries;
- when used, usually fewer errors occur, what provides faster time of entering to market;
- allows application indexing and deep linking.
- the specifics of the platform allows you to use the functionality available only on certain platforms.
Appcelerator allows developers to create applications with fewer lines of code. This application development tool supports HTML5 applications for iOS, Android, Windows and browsers.
- increases the speed of developing mobile applications;
- expands the limits of the capacity of “cloud” storage;
- allows you to create mobile applications for all supported operating systems;
- can deploy in a private virtual “cloud” or locally;
- created on the basis of open standards and full access to the basic mobile OS;
- supports global deployments across multiple regions.
PhoneGap is a free, open source mobile application development environment that is in the category of frameworks for cross-platform application development. It can be used to develop a single application that works on all mobile devices.
- can integrate with various libraries to improve application development;
- allows you to develop various mobile applications with less time and effort;
- helps developers to extend the functionality of the application using the plugin architecture;
- good for building apps without any special skills.
Ionic is an HTML5 mobile app development environment. It is widely used for developing of hybrid mobile applications. This is a useful tool for creating mobile applications using web technologies such as CSS, HTML5 and SASS.
- 100% free open source project;
- allows you to create advanced web applications and your own mobile applications for each major application store;
- offers excellent tools and services for creating interactive applications;
- allows a web developer to create applications for all major application stores with a single code base;
- emulates the basic principles of the user interface of applications and uses its own SDK.
Mobincube is an excellent application builder that allows users to develop any mobile application. Developers can create applications for business, education, entertainment, healthcare, and more.
- the creation of mobile stores, which helps to increase sales;
- allows you to integrate third-party solutions into the application;
- helps in the development of advanced functionality;
- allows you to update online content;
- allows you to customize every little thing in the application;
- allows you to chat with users.
LongRange is a tool for developing of mobile applications. It consists of components such as navigation, tabs, form and commands submissions, and requires the installation of the LongRange service.
- works as a native application very quickly and with high reliability;
- you can create your own mobile applications using only RPG / CL with DDS;
- provides infrastructure for the application;
- does not require the developer to increase the level of knowledge;
- once you create an application, you can deploy it on mobile devices of both Apple and Android;
- you can use mobile device features such as GPS, camera, audio, SMS, etc .;
- you can automatically download application updates to mobile devices through the push mechanism;
- the cost of maintaining and supporting mobile applications is lower.
Qt is a cross-platform SDK. It offers cost-effective design, development and deployment. This allows developers to give users well-performing applications for all devices.
- new implemented classes for working with windows and rendering;
- implemented parser and compiler optimizations;
- support for non-transparent private encryption keys;
- support for IPv6 and two mode networks;
- special settings for Buggy SSL servers.
10) Alpha Anywhere
Alpha Anywhere is a tool for the rapid development and deployment of mobile applications. It is used to create cross-platform web applications and mobile business applications.
- an effective tool for creating cross-platform mobile applications;
- corporate security of mobile data;
- detailed delegation of resource management;
- direct publication from the Alpha Anywhere development environment
- solves the problem of autonomous synchronization;
- includes ready-made examples of applications that developers can modify or which can be looked at for their development;
- convenient access to server data;
- integration and transformation of complex data;
- data encryption with support for HMAC and SSL.
11) Sencha Ext JS
- developers can write in HTML5 using the Sencha touch development kit (SDK);
- code can be translated into another programming language using another tool, such as PhoneGap;
- the tool is useful for developing your own applications without the time required to configure;
- it is supported in WebKit-based browsers, including the popular Apple iOS and Google Android platforms;
- streamlined configuration system;
- scales at different resolutions for maximum compatibility with various devices;
- broad support for animations and enhanced touch events.
Check our 2nd article about mobile development tools here.