TOP PHP FRAMEWORKS FOR MODERN WEB DEVELOPING
There is a considerable number of various frameworks for PHP developing. The most advanced ones are not just timesavers for any developer but also helpers in building complex secure web sites or apps which are well-tuned and balanced.
Сlearly, your final choosing of PHP framework is dependent on several factors, particularly the application needs, individual skills, experience, timescale for development plus hosting capability. Though, some frameworks became perfect choice for most developers. Such frameworks are the focus of attention in article you are reading, which aim is to examine their value to PHP developers.
It’s the most demanded PHP framework worldwide. There is a reason why such a big number of different developers choose Laravel. Additional to an extensive ecosystem, this PHP framework has impressive advanced feature set which includes a highly scalable model-view-controller (MVC) architecture for enhancing the speed of development. Other valuable special packages of Laravel are the following: Blade template engine, ObjectRelational Mapping, RESTful controllers, AbstractRouting and robust encryption package amongst some other great packages.
Advantages of Laravel
- Amongst all known and widely-used PHP frameworks, the queue management service in Laravel is definitely in the top in terms of efficiency.
- Handling numerous background tasks becomes much easier with this framework. Each and every of background activities are being logged whilst work on the frontend goes in normal mode.
- Built-in Composer in Laravel greatly simplifies packages adding, and considering that it can be integrated with Elixir and Gulp , it becomes possible to use SSH for any browsers and npn packages direct call.
- NoSQL structures (such as MongoDB, Redis) are specifically handled in Laravel easy as pie.
- Laravel Udemy training materials, comprehensive documentation and the overwhelming community supporting allow beginning developers to have easy start on described framework.
Disadvantages of Laravel
- Large functional operates through facades, and IDE systems don’t indicate parameters and techniques in some classes, which resulting in errors occurrence.
- Studying more difficult Yii2.
- Absence of interface generators that are in-built.
- Threshold requirements for enter: Just supposed to know data bases plus Object-oriented programming (OOP).
Phalcon was created for performance optimization. It has a great speed taking into account that it is MVC-based framework designed as a C extension. HTTP requests processing is fantastically fast since its great speed of developing is further increased by Phalcon using minimal resources. If you are interested in a web site with really remarkable speed, in this case Phalcon can perform marvels for you.
Phalcon has a great number of valuable components including PHQL data storage, caching, auto-load, ORM, templating engine, ease of apps building, form builder, MongoDB Object Document Mapper (ODM) along with perfect documentation.
Benefits of Phalcon
- High level of performance
- Rich functionality
- Suitable to for highload
- Min file operations required
- Low resource consumption
- Your own base as well as its individual components can be used.
- ORM technology and databases interaction leads to very high level of performance.
- Thanks to framework direct accessing to internal PHP structures,
- all processes occur quite rapidly.
Phalcon PHP Framework Disadvantages
- C source code
- Not enough popularity so far
- It’s an extension, so it can’t operate on shared hosting
- Plenty of specialists are yet unaware of Phalcon existence
- Threshold requirements for enter: avg, supposed to have a knowledge of the Object-oriented programming plus designing patterns, be experienced in working with different projects.
Symfony framework is standing behind a number of great names, for example BBC and major projects, for example Drupal, eZpublish. Actually, there are other frameworks relying on Symfony (for example Laravel). It’s because Symfony was created focused on stability. It also shows high level of performance and is very well documented. Besides, this framework has great maintance and support, which makes it fantastically effective and reliable.
Symfony components are made in the form of PHP libraries of multiple use named Components which are perfect for a great number of different tasks such as form creating, objects configurating, routing, templating, authentication etc. In comparison with other known platforms, this one however has rather steep learning curve.
Benefits of Symfony
- In-built support for Codeception makes it possible writing acceptance tests and functional tests
- YAML as one of framework advantages
- Serveral components of Symfony2 are starting to be implemented in big projects (for example phpBB, Drupal)
- Big developer community
- Many ready-made modules (bundles)
- Comprehensive documentation which is easy to understand
- Quite high core speed
- Low connectivity
Disadvantages of Symfony
- A quite resource-intensive ORM is used in Symfony
- High entry threshold requirements
- Oversaturation of different kinds of entities
- Integrated annotation syntax
Threshold requirements for enter: really high, supposed to have a knowledge of OOP, designing patterns plus be experienced in working with different projects in other well-known frameworks.
There is really major power standing behind Zend framework : such well-known partner companies as IBM company, Google, Adobe, Microsoft company . Zend is very reliable and well configurable which makesit perfect for serious complicated PHP developing. It is in demand for creating enterprise-scale apps because of its security, scalability and high level of performance.
Zend is well known enterprise driven framework that has components which favour enterprise-scale development such as authentication, feeds, forms plus other services. It, thereby, isn’t a perfect go-to framework when creating fast app development.
Advantages of Zend
- Class inheriting
- Object-Focused Entity
- Anything you wish can be integrated
- There is a ready solution for a great number of different tasks.
- App internationalization
- Developer community support
- Documentation of high quality
Disadvantages of Zend
- Unsuitable for fast developing.
- Slower compared to some other frameworks.
- It is time-consuming framework to study
Threshold requirements for enter: really high, supposed to have a knowledge of OOP, design patterns and be experienced in working with different projects in other frameworks.
Yii2 is rewritten version of Yii. Yii2 was strategically created for web site performance optimization through its lazy-load technique. With such technique, initialization of the object will be delayed up to the moment when it is absolutely essential. Because Yii2 is totally objectfocused, it has clean and logic code base. Additionally to its dynamic class codegenerator, Yii2 is as well jQuery integrated, which means you’ll benefit from both a host of AJAX features and intuitive mechanism of theming & skinning at the same time.
Advantages of Yii
- Visual code generator
- The most intuitive Model-View-Controller architecture.
- Common troubleshooting techniques are used, which diminish or withdraw code complexity.
- Simplifies code support through the usage of common methods and architecture
- It has an efficient and creative community of developers.
- Shortens the time needed for routine tasks
- It can be without difficulty configured for higher performance.
- It isn’t resources-demanding
- Different options of caching
- Simple thirdparty libraries and classes integrating
- Quality Security Tools
- Well-suited for project of any scope and difficulty.
Disadvantages of Yii
- Route formation is not so flexible
Threshold requirements for enter: low, supposed to know OOP and data bases
It wouldn’t be right to say that one of listed frameworks is definitely better than another. And we don’t have such intention. We just characterized in the article frameworks which are most in demand and it was based on what web developers prefer. Certainly, given list of frameworks can anytime be updated, probably we will update it ourselves over a period of time. For the present moment, we can just state that choosing the right framework completely dependable on its usability and specific aims that developer pursues. Therefore the final choice of suitable framework is totally up to you.